Poetry - It does matter.


Photo by: Ivy Hieber-Kwok. Cyprus


Printed Matter. It does Matter

Standing in front of my closet
Black, grey, white or charcoal grey
Here comes my leopard cat

Does it matter what do I wear
I am wearing my own skin
What do I care?

I am absolutely naked
Is there a hand for me to hold?
Is that the grey sweater you want to see me in?

Who cares about how soft my skin is

I dive into the water, there is no ground
Being hugged by the water, I can be seen through
The harmony of ripples, humming in echo

Where am I going, I am floating
No ground, no drown
Spinning in circles

I become water, water becomes me
Swallowing water as if it was air

My cat is afraid of water
Standing next to the well
Asking me, what’s the matter

Fish Ivy - February 9. 2019

Comments

Popular Posts