The sound of silence

I am a swimmer and I always am and will always be one.

The sound of silence. My teacher once said: "When you listen to the silent, there's a sound to it, and when you are willing to listen, your body is always telling some stories."
February 22, 2019 at Daizy, Zürich

I like to stay down under the water. When I was young, my coach taught us to play stone, paper, scissors under the water. We have to make our way to reach the bottom of the pool, sit there with cross legged and have our eyes opened, with or without goggles. We usually need to do 5 to 6 rounds the game and then we are allowed to come back up above water. I love the feeling of sitting down under the water, not only sitting, we are using our own weight to stay down. It was the tranquility and the tone of the whole environment made me feel secure.

One day during this hot summer in Hong Kong, he asked us to dive down into the bottom of the 50M pool -Victoria Park swimming pool - the one just right across where I lived. We went straight down, first attempt, not successful. We had another go, we went further than the first time, the ears were hurting a little bit, we continued, and, we have reached the bottom, touched the white squary tiles and made a kick on the ground under the deep blue and went straight up. I made a big gasp, to suck in whatever air I could, expanding my lung. When me breath became calm again, the first thing came to my mind... 

It. Was. Fun.! 

The quietness, the echo, the deep low woooo, the blurry sound of yourself when you try to talk, the sound of the bubbles, the vibration of your own kick. Under the water is like being wrapped inside a bubble, being held and supported by the water, I can surrender and dissolve all my problems. The idea of that we were completely alone, no one's there 50m down! Only the 3 of us, me, coach and another boy, it was so healing and calming, 

I had never been so grounded except whenever I am under the water. 


Nowadays, I have less chance to sit under the water, so I sit above water, in my room, at the yoga studio, at the retreat, on the grass, at the beach, at the hotel. Wherever I can sit, I sit down and closed my eyes, sinking myself back into the blue environment. Listen to my own breath, listen to the room and listen to the outside of the room. The sitting bring myself right back to my self, connecting to the heart, finding my peace within. It's really just this simple. 

October, 2018 at Cyprus

I invite you to give it a shot, sit down, search within your own memories, go back to a place where it gives you the most comfortable feelings. Here's some suggestions: the house you lived; the classroom; the training field; the roller skate ring; the swimming pool; the park; the forest... wherever it could be. You think of your child self, hold his/her hand, walk through that environment together, and listen to the sound of silence together, listen to your own breath. Immerse yourself into the secure feeling, loving feeling and keep that in mind that you always have a place to turn to, whenever you needed it. 

When things aren't easy, you can always come home. You can nourish yourself by yourself. 

Love and light. Namaste


Fish Ivy




Comments

Popular Posts